- 2019-04-23 | Vicon introduceert de Vicon Andex 1304...
- 2019-04-18 | Nieuwe lijnen reserveonderdelen van...
- 2019-04-17 | PIN-code voor beschermen van John Deere...
- 2019-04-06 | The SIMA against EIMA: the French...
- 2019-04-01 | SIMA 2019: DYNAMIC BUSINESS CLIMATE AND...
Bekijk hier het hele archief.
Klik hier voor alle aankomende evenementen.
Tractorpower op Facebook
SIMA 2019: DYNAMIC BUSINESS CLIMATE AND INNOVATION-ORIENTED SHOW
Notable for its dynamic business climate and increased numbers of visitors from abroad, the 2019 SIMA Paris International Agri-Business Show, the global event for suppliers to the worlds of agriculture and livestock farming, has closed with positive results! Two hundred and thirty thousand professionals from all over the world (attendance stable compared with 2017) converged at Paris Nord Villepinte to discover the latest innovations, discuss the challenges currently facing the agricultural world and find specific solutions for their daily work. Didier Guillaume, Minister of Agriculture and Food who opened the show on Sunday 24 February 2019, used his visit to reiterate his support for the sector and highlight the importance of new solutions for the development of agro-ecology.
A dynamic business climate
The world of agriculture gathered at the SIMA show once again with numerous projects to be brought to life. “We are very happy with the attendance at SIMA this year. Being here has enabled us to make many quality contacts with manufacturers and also other Village start-ups. This has enabled us to create synergies and forge strong links for the future,” explains Oscar Lauby, Director of Development of HKTC Technologies. “We have received an influx of visitors as a result of the silver medal we won in the SIMA Innovation Awards 2019. A number of foreign delegations also visited our stand with a view to presenting our innovation to investers,” adds Stéphanie Deboude, President of Sodijantes Industrie. Finally, Michel Weber, Marketing and Communications Manager of New Holland France, concluded, “Our stand was very busy, particularly during the first three days, and the mood very buoyant. For a long time, business did not take place directly at the show, but the trend picked up again two years ago and this was reconfirmed this year. We have done good business and received a number of orders.”
A resolutely international show
With an increase in the number of exhibitors from abroad (up 12.5% with 42 countries represented), 25% of its visitors coming from 140 countries and its 400 international delegations, the SIMA continues to reaffirm its international positioning.
A fact reinforced by the visit from Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne, Secretary of State to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs.
A reality shared by numerous exhibitors, “We noted that the high level of French innovation attracted numerous “agri-managers" from America and Eastern Europe to the SIMA show,” commented Xavier Faure, Co-founder of Piloter sa Ferme.
“We focused our aim this year on the dynamism and conviviality of our network: a good number of our dealers were at the show. We also had visits from many farmers. We were aware of an increase in the number of visitors from abroad: visitors from approximately 30 different countries came to our stand. Also, the greatly improved market conditions compared with 2016/2017 are palpable in the current optimism and business climate; we have taken a lot of orders,” points out Benoit Carré, President of Carré.
In keeping with the concerns of the agricultural sector, the SIMA provides a comprehensive overview of the diversity of productions and solutions. This is provided by numerous conferences and events organised that attracted over 2000 people:
• Round table discussions on the major challenges facing agriculture today such as organic farming, cropping systems of the future, agriculture in the digital age, livestock rearing and Agtech;
• The SIMA African Summit, the international conference and practical tool for development on the African continent, gathered together some 200 people, facilitating numerous constrictive discussions;
• The SIMA Dealers’ Day brought together distributors from all over the world to consider the subject of training and the development of dealership business; • Job dating, since it opened on Sunday, has offered 190 candidates an opportunity to find out about some 50 positions offered by 16 companies. Many contracts are already in the process of being signed;
• Also new at the 2019 SIMA was a Hackathon, organised by La Ferme Digitale with the Atos competition, enabling coders and professionals from the agricultural sector to work for 48 hours on the use agricultural spatial data. The first prize was awarded to Ohm sweet home for its Mes Parcelles (My Plots) project, which is used to improve the definition of the sun’s potential via Sentinel.
This proved to be very popular and was widely publicised and shared on social networks. As a result, over a million impressions of #SIMA were recorded on Twitter over the duration of the show.
“The SIMA is a major show, an event not to be missed. It is a place for discussion where you can come into direct contact with professionals fro